Square Enix Question

Anything related to MMOViper that doesn't fit in a better forum. All are welcome to participate. Also use this area for pre-sale members to ask questions.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

original

Square Enix Question

#1 Post by original »

I am curious if anyone has any knowledge on how Square Enix handles bans if they catch you using a bot. I am currently playing Final Fantasy XIV and of course I do not want my main account banned but does anyone know if Square Enix bans accounts, IPs, or CD keys?

I'm trying to determine if I should just buy another key and bot with a totally different computer or if I am safe botting with my current situation.

PitViper
Site Admin

Re: Square Enix Question

#2 Post by PitViper »

I'lll let others pitch in here, but in my experience, they only ban RTM. Ie if you are transferring alot of gold, your account is more likely to get the hammer.

original

#3 Post by original »

RTM? Is t hat real time monitor?

PitViper
Site Admin

#4 Post by PitViper »

sorry.. RMT

Real money transactions

kewar

#5 Post by kewar »

From what I remember in 11 and from what I've seen so far in 14 you are only at risk if you are selling gil in mass quantities without trying to disguise how you are selling it... powerlevelers and advertisers are also at risk.. they don't seem to give a flying fart about bots tho..

ahgwho

#6 Post by ahgwho »

One of my company members spare accounts just got banned. He farmed wind shards for 3 straight days... I haven't had any issues with botting on my main account but I don't bot for the same items/mobs for more than 2-3 hours(in populated areas). Also, only bots in my server put up /busy while mining/farming mobs.

Return to “General Discussion Area”