FFXI Questions about this bot.

Anything related to MMOViper that doesn't fit in a better forum. All are welcome to participate. Also use this area for pre-sale members to ask questions.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

alkywalky

FFXI Questions about this bot.

#1 Post by alkywalky »

Hello,

I'm fairly new to all of this. I joined another website and downloaded their client, only to find that it wasn't vista compatible. I dug through threads and threads, FAQ's on how to install and FAQ's to that FAQ and so forth. The result? Well I'm not as clueless when it comes down to programing and scripting LOL. That's it. Oh and a half-working fishing bot.

Truth be told, I posted and posted and followed up and my thread got a total of 37 views and not one reply..... so I got sick of it.

Now, then. Regarding this bot. It only work for hunting? what about fishing? any instant kill commands?

I love fishing in FFXI and want to start getting to black soles. If I pay for a premium account I'll get this bot which looks good for leveling, can it be modified? perhaps expanded and a fishing bot added to it?

Maybe I'm asking for too much.

If it's only a leveling bot, what is the degree of complexity to install? Do I need to rework my registry? manually register DLL's? Download windows Script Debuggers? Mess with the IR of my system? There is not much information found here that makes me believe this is easy to install.

I will download the free trial and see what's up. I'm one of those unfortunate souls that runs on Vista..... Yes I disables AUC and all that fecal matter that Microsoft slapped on windows vista...

So, what do I get for my money here? Just one single purpose bot? support? botting ideas, areas? etc. Let me know, I'll check this thread constantly today to see how quick I get an answer! hehe. :P

ScreamingEagle
Site Admin

#2 Post by ScreamingEagle »

Lol that's alot of questions.

1. Fishing is not implemented, there are plans to add fishing to the bot but it is not in yet.

2. Only a leveling bot? Well No it is not only a leveling bot, for FFXI you can not fish, but with the next patch you should be able to harvest as well.

3. Difficult to install? No.

4. Do you have to click on a batch file to register a .dll? yes, if you are running Vista

5. No messing with your registry, IR, etc.

6. You may have to install Windows runtime librarys if you do not have them, as well as dot net, if you do not have that either.

7. To run it, please watch one of the set up video's and read the help file for more information.

8. Support, well I guess you will be the judge of how well that is. I'm not the toot my own horn kind of person.

alkywalky

#3 Post by alkywalky »

Welllll thanks for the answer Screamingeagle. It was in a timely manner. I'm satisfied.

Sorry for all the questions, you know how it is. You gotta get the nitty gritty before you even spend a cent on anything now-a-days.

So, when does the update come you? I'll watch the video and download the trial. I'll see how it swings.

I got my fish bot working. That was some hard work. Maybe I can use the two and whenever one becomes better than the other I'll use just that one. Although.... that brings the million dollar question.... Compatibility?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO...... I knew this would happen.

Say, are you familiar with XiFish? from WyvernX?

Anxiously await your answer.

ScreamingEagle
Site Admin

#4 Post by ScreamingEagle »

Viper is compatable with Vista all versions

Yes, I am a little familiar with it.

Return to “General Discussion Area”