VMWare

Anything related to MMOViper that doesn't fit in a better forum. All are welcome to participate. Also use this area for pre-sale members to ask questions.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

blammo

VMWare

#1 Post by blammo »

???

What's with the VM detection, and the error message "This program cannot be run under a virtual machine"

Please remove this limitation.

halfmad

#2 Post by halfmad »

Just a guess but probably because MMOViper licenses are linked to the hardware config of the PC.

blammo

#3 Post by blammo »

Even if it's tied to hardware, we should be able to tie it to VMhardware.

I suspect it's submitting some sort of hash/etc, and that should still be able to be done for VM'd hardware.

ScreamingEagle
Site Admin

#4 Post by ScreamingEagle »

I am sorry but we do not support VM

halfmad

#5 Post by halfmad »

I hate to point this out, but they tie to to hardware so you can't go giving your mates shots of it, if it's tied into VMhardware it's a damn sight easier to get around that.

They ain't stupid mate.

blammo

#6 Post by blammo »

certainly you're not saying people can't figure out how to trick it now....

My point was, the target for this type of application is someone who is looking for lots of hours of unattended play. Offhand/main/etc.

Being able to run it within a VM, especially with quad-core machines, and DX9.0C being supported by workstation 6.5, would allow those people to use the program more and more effectively.

in a VM at work....
on a single machine, while THEY play the primary character, and the bot is the off-hand.

I understand the need to protect the Intellectual Property, and you have to have some sort of fraud control. I'm suggesting that implementing "red pill" code is a narrow-viewed-approach, and that blocking operation in a VM cuts into the already small potential user base.

How about what other products have done? You already require apps to "authenticate" before they'll run.. Use that to control the NUMBER of machines the app can run on at any one time.. That way it doesn't matter how many machines on my home network I have it installed on, only ONE can use it at any one time..

PitViper
Site Admin

#8 Post by PitViper »

Once Win7 is out of beta, we will get Viper compatible with it.

Most of the people running Win7 right now, are runnig hacked copies anyway, lol.

ak1200

#10 Post by ak1200 »

That comment about MOST PEOPLE USING HACKED COPIES OF WIN7 is retarded. It was free to the community and I am using both 64 and 32. Also I find it extremely retarded that viper doesn't support neither win7 and ESPECIALLY VMware. If I would have researched this sooner I might not of purchased. Now the 32bit issue I can understand to a degree but the VMware and seven issue now forces me to dual boot. Not a happy customer. :x

PitViper
Site Admin

#11 Post by PitViper »

Once win7 is out of beta, we will make viper work with it.

Return to “General Discussion Area”