The slow painful death of VG extreme

Anything related to MMOViper that doesn't fit in a better forum. All are welcome to participate. Also use this area for pre-sale members to ask questions.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

farkem

The slow painful death of VG extreme

#1 Post by farkem »

Are there any plans to retain compatibility from VG extreme in the new(?) software so all the bots that formerly used VG extreme will be able to continue to function? Personally I use Beergeek's ACB software from tault and the lack of updates to vgextreme have completely killed it. Without a crafting solution in the works for viper I have to admit it loses a lot of it's appeal.

PitViper
Site Admin

#2 Post by PitViper »

Yes, we do want to add some crafting to viper, however, I can update the old VGExtreme in the interem.

rommel62

#3 Post by rommel62 »

The old saying " if it aint broke, dont fix it" seems to be appropriate in this case. The ACB by Beergeek is the best crafting bot Ive ever come across. You would be hard pressed to improved upon it. Please dont get rid of it.

That said, the diplo bot hasnt worked for close to a year now. That could use some help ;)

PitViper
Site Admin

#4 Post by PitViper »

Well, the problem here is we are still workign on our framework.

We would eventually like to have plugins/modules for the viper bot where users could edit/tweak their own scripts/bots.

Only problem is it takes time to get up a good framework.

We want soemthing that can be used in all of our games, not just VG.

farkem

#5 Post by farkem »

PitViper wrote:Yes, we do want to add some crafting to viper, however, I can update the old VGExtreme in the interem.
Thank you so much. I understand that a project like viper is going to take a massive ammount of work, but for us die hard ACB/vgextreme fans this scores a lot of points until viper is ready to roll :D

PitViper
Site Admin

#6 Post by PitViper »

I'll have it up by sat night. Send me a pm tomorrow so I dont forget.

farkem

#7 Post by farkem »

PitViper wrote:I'll have it up by sat night. Send me a pm tomorrow so I dont forget.
I sent a PM fairly late Sat night, was just wondering if the update ever happened or not.

ScreamingEagle
Site Admin

#8 Post by ScreamingEagle »

VG Viper bot was released today.

farkem

#9 Post by farkem »

Anything new to report with the VGX update?

rommel62

#10 Post by rommel62 »

Im a bit confused by this. VG Extreme is working fine for me at this time. Not sure why it would need an update.

PitViper
Site Admin

#11 Post by PitViper »

He might not have the updated dll's.

Return to “General Discussion Area”