maybe I'm simple, but I can't figure this one out

Anything related to MMOViper that doesn't fit in a better forum. All are welcome to participate. Also use this area for pre-sale members to ask questions.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

southerngenius

maybe I'm simple, but I can't figure this one out

#1 Post by southerngenius »

Hi gang,
I've searched through the forums until I'm utterly bored at reading how many "I can't download the bot" and "My bot wont attack" messages there are. I feel sorry for you Moderators, sheesh. And how hard is it to NOT use capital letters when signing in. lol.

Anyway, I've been successfully using MMOviper for several months. I've set up a dozen profiles and I manually add all hotkey actions (I got sick of adding/removing skills every time). All that stuff I can do just fine. My problem is now (it used to work I swear) the "Test Hotkeys" button is grayed out. I have tried everything I can think of but nothing gives. I wanted to start a new class and test some stuff out, but I can't without creating an entire Patrol Area etc. Am I missing something?

I have tried:
restarting LOTRO
restarting MMOviper
rebooting PC
make new profile
tried all of my 14 current profiles
Praying to the gaming gods...

I am Using:
Lotrobot (latest ver 2.0.15)
Win7 64-bit
Logitech G19
Intel i7-3930k
32Gb RAM
SLI - nVidia 570s
and a cheap-a$$ mouse from Wal-mart :)

The entire game and bot runs on a 24GB RAM-disk in memory so disk access would never bother me. I also have a copy of both programs on my C:\ drive as backup in case the RAM-disk bites the bullet. I have tried both copies to eliminate some weird memory thing going on. I can't think of anything else that would be relevant. Any Ideas?

PitViper
Site Admin

Re: maybe I'm simple, but I can't figure this one out

#2 Post by PitViper »

The "test hotkeys" button was removed due to a conflict with the 2.0 interface. I'll get it added back eventually.

The patrol area you only have to create once. You can re-use it with any profiles.

Now..with the 2.0 interface, you HAVE to create your patrol areas again. The old style are gone. So you go into patrol area, click new, and you can add the new paths there. Be sure to save, before you start botting.

PitViper
Site Admin

Re: maybe I'm simple, but I can't figure this one out

#3 Post by PitViper »

You can also create a patrol area with NO hotspots... just enter a name and go on. It will then attack for you when ever it detects a mob fighting you.

Return to “General Discussion Area”