0.Error: Failed while checking the version number on MMOVipe

Anything related to MMOViper that doesn't fit in a better forum. All are welcome to participate. Also use this area for pre-sale members to ask questions.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

omron

Re: 0.Error: Failed while checking the version number on MMO

#16 Post by omron »

jman311 wrote:I was one of the first people Pitviper was helping re-establish my account. I also had the 0 Error: Failed etc etc

It was also determined that I was blocking port 81 somehow. We were unable to handle the problem even through teamviewer etc etc.

30 mins later (this was 3 days ago now). I was back up and running by re-installing my firewall software.

My best guess is, its not about being blocked from port 81 (as I turned alll firewalls off and directly connected to cable modem bypassing my router).. Its about having a software give you access to port 81. Its the only reason i can think of that re-installing my virus/firewall software fixed the issue instantly.

Since friday I went from 0 Error: to bot working fine with no downtime.

Hope this helps someone out there.
Sorry, but that just doesn't make sense to me. Here's what we're saying happened right?

1. viper running fine for everyone
2. mmoviper.com goes down
3. A whole bunch of us simultaneously and independently make a change to our computer configuration
4. mmoviper.com comes back up (finally)
5. a bunch of us get 0.Error due to item 3.

3djoker

#17 Post by 3djoker »

Yea, I thought the exact same thing myself. BUT being someone who will try everything at least once, last night I uninstalled my firewall completely and tried to run it, still exact same thing. So I reinstalled my shit.

After that, I thought to myself, "Damn I'm gullible" lmao, Kinda like believing that they would have the ports switched to port 80 by yesterday.

will900

#18 Post by will900 »

You need to come up with a work around. Hard code a 3rd party IP address service like http://www.no-ip.com/services/managed_d ... c_dns.html into the program. If server 1 is hacked, prog checks noIP address which you can point to any server instantly.

The reality is, the customer don't care about authentication. You do in order to prevent people ripping of your bot. Fair enough but it's the paying customer who's suffering. How about you make authentication a weekly thing at least until you've sorted all this out?

Just ideas.

ScreamingEagle
Site Admin

#19 Post by ScreamingEagle »

We are just about done with the re-write of the code, and will have it running as soon as we can.

sandorius

#20 Post by sandorius »

Just have to keep watching the annoucements until they get it up and running, everyone (or mostly everyone) is getting this

PitViper
Site Admin

#21 Post by PitViper »

I beleive this is now fixed, I just need somebody to be online while the Live chat is online to do a couple final tests of somebody having the problem.

qberry33

#22 Post by qberry33 »

its not fixed. still having this error.

PitViper
Site Admin

#23 Post by PitViper »

Well, it IS fixed, but I have to put out patches for the bots so it will connect to the new login page.

I will be putting out FFXIV and EQ2 are there any others that need to go out tonight?

3djoker

#24 Post by 3djoker »

I just tried to connect with the one I have been using and it still throws the code. So I tried to download another from the downloads section and it still does same exact thing.

vezpolo

#25 Post by vezpolo »

I tried to run the bot for lotro, still the same problem. do you have a patch for the lotro bot?

thanks.

PitViper
Site Admin

#26 Post by PitViper »

I just posted FFXIV. Others are coming...Watch the announcements forum.

PitViper
Site Admin

#27 Post by PitViper »

The fixes are being posted now.. so i'm goign to lock this thread for now.

If you want to see what fixes have already been released, please visit the announcements forum.

Return to “General Discussion Area”