0.Error: Failed while checking the version number on MMOVipe

Anything related to MMOViper that doesn't fit in a better forum. All are welcome to participate. Also use this area for pre-sale members to ask questions.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

crycian

0.Error: Failed while checking the version number on MMOVipe

#1 Post by crycian »

I keep getting this error, yet I am using the newest version available. Please make my bot work again. :cry:

deuce

Re: 0.Error: Failed while checking the version number on MMO

#2 Post by deuce »

same error i receive >.<

orthos

#3 Post by orthos »

Worked for a while yesterday but today =

0.Error: Failed while checking the version number on MMOViper.com - 17:00 GMT 4 Feb 2011

ScreamingEagle
Site Admin

#4 Post by ScreamingEagle »

There are still some issues with the authentication server we are working on it will be up as soon as possible.

3djoker

#5 Post by 3djoker »

yup, FINALLY downloaded the eq2 bot/radar and now i get this same thing.
/hangs_head_in_disappointment

3djoker

#6 Post by 3djoker »

has anyone who was recieving this error have it fixed now?

omron

#7 Post by omron »

I got it to work last night but now it is broken again. :(

3djoker

#8 Post by 3djoker »

yea, this is just getting sad now.I don't think that these guys actually do anything with the bots as far as handle the programs themselves. I think they are just resellers for the program and thats why everything is so messed up right now. I cannot see anybody taking this long to have a bot working again, just because of HD failure of their ISP. If they actually handle the bots themselves, they would have all the files on their local machine to be able to re-upload.

Like I said, I think they are just a reseller of the program for someone else whom they can't seem to get their lines straight with and that is why their is so many problems. I seen this type of thing happen to another site once before for a bot/hack site for darkfall and when they got attacked, they basically had a HDD failure as well. It took them all but 3 days to get back up and running. And that is with having to recompile their program from a previous version because they didnt save the latest release.

It is just like these guys don't care about their clients at all. they dedicate a few hours here and there to "try" to help out but then everything goes on the back burner for the day and we are told to "stand by, we will be fine in a few minutes". 3 days ago we were told everything would be up and running fine, here we are on day 4 and still not able to use anything.

taim_mazrim

#9 Post by taim_mazrim »

the eq2 bot works fine since last night

PitViper
Site Admin

#10 Post by PitViper »

We are moving our login to use port 80 as we still cannot track down why some people cannot access the port 81.

If all goes well, this should be up and running by sunday or monday.

3djoker

#11 Post by 3djoker »

are you sure that tault or whoever is doing the security for the site isn't blocke d a range of ip's? I had no problem connecting to the authentication server before the attack and I have gone through all my security settings and made sure I could send/recieve via port 81 and i still cannot connect. It seems more like it is blocking it at the server. I guess we will just wait till port 80 is set and see if it changes anything.

PitViper
Site Admin

#12 Post by PitViper »

Yes, we have had talks with our hosting company and they keep assuring me that they are not blocking anything. So all I can do move everything to port 80.

3djoker

#13 Post by 3djoker »

Can you give us an update when this is done? I am tired of trying every hour to see if this works yet. Plus If it gets changed and I still can't log in, then I know to just give the hell up. Seems this "WAS" the only functional bot for eq 2.

3djoker

#14 Post by 3djoker »

Did you guys get it changed over? I still am unable to authenticate.

jman311

#15 Post by jman311 »

I was one of the first people Pitviper was helping re-establish my account. I also had the 0 Error: Failed etc etc

It was also determined that I was blocking port 81 somehow. We were unable to handle the problem even through teamviewer etc etc.

30 mins later (this was 3 days ago now). I was back up and running by re-installing my firewall software.

My best guess is, its not about being blocked from port 81 (as I turned alll firewalls off and directly connected to cable modem bypassing my router).. Its about having a software give you access to port 81. Its the only reason i can think of that re-installing my virus/firewall software fixed the issue instantly.

Since friday I went from 0 Error: to bot working fine with no downtime.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Return to “General Discussion Area”