Checking things out for eq2

Anything related to MMOViper that doesn't fit in a better forum. All are welcome to participate. Also use this area for pre-sale members to ask questions.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

machine

Checking things out for eq2

#1 Post by machine »

So I have been doing some research here, well as much as I can without a premium account, and was wondering how the eq2 players are liking the bot. I multibox, and I am need of a grp bot so I can stop spinning around in my chair all day. :lol:

From what I have read it should be able to function in a grp setting as long as I set it up right.

Looting may become a problem only becasue I have not seen anywhere that it can be turned off completely.

Does it run without a path set up in a grp setting. (Will it work on autofollow?)

PitViper
Site Admin

#2 Post by PitViper »

Yes to all of those questions.

Grouping works, looting can be turned on/off for each player, and it can be set to follow.

Just keep in mind that you have to have an account for each bot you are running currently. But we are working on a soluction to allow 2 clients per customer.

machine

#3 Post by machine »

How long is product downtime? I assume that these products are like any other, and as the game changes things break and need to be fixed. I would like to get started but with all the patching that has gone on I don't to commit to this and then find out it is broke for two weeks like many other products, becasue of the game updates that SOE has done this month. Bit of a run on sentence there but I think you get my point.

ScreamingEagle
Site Admin

#4 Post by ScreamingEagle »

It depends on the extent of the changes made in game. Generally fixes go out anywhere from a few hours to a couple days.

Recently, Warhammer needed a fix and it was completed in a matter of hours. On the other hand, LOTRO took days since they released a new major expansion.

machine

#5 Post by machine »

So with the major patch that went into EQ2 this week, how much down came with it. To be honest couple days isn't much, I have used other products where down time is weeks.

ScreamingEagle
Site Admin

#6 Post by ScreamingEagle »

I think EQ2 was down for a day.

machine

#7 Post by machine »

I still wish some the EQ2 users would jump here and provide some feed back. I am moving in a couple weeks, so I think I am going to hold out until I get settled at my new residence, when I put forth the time it is going to take and learn how to use the program.

Once I get comfortable with it and if I like it, I will open some more accounts for my multibox setup.

Return to “General Discussion Area”