Site performance and security

Anything related to MMOViper that doesn't fit in a better forum. All are welcome to participate. Also use this area for pre-sale members to ask questions.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

osmon

Site performance and security

#1 Post by osmon »

Hello,
First I had problems with my account after paying for the subscription and now almost 2 days later when that is sorted I still cannot finish a download.
I get aprox 100kb/s out of the site and the download has hung on between 1.0/2.9mb to 2.7/2.9mb.
After every timeout I have to change my IP to be able to download again or even get a response from the site and I understand, it's because of the recent ddos but it's really really not the way to go.

I also tried this from a 10gbit cogent connection and it's the same story there.

Could you atleast sort your connections per ip limits? Me changing IPs 50 times so far hasnt been the most pleasant customer experience to say to least :)

PitViper
Site Admin

#2 Post by PitViper »

That sounds like your cache needs to be cleared out.

You can also try downloading with firefox.

Finally, check your computer for virii, etc. Those can cause the exact same problem you are describing.

mesar

#3 Post by mesar »

i had this problem too and its definatley not me it happened on my 2 pc's and laptop its sumthin with the server it also does it to proxies.

PitViper
Site Admin

#4 Post by PitViper »

Proxies can be banned from viper because they are being used to hit the site with a DDoS.

rellis32

Same problem here

#5 Post by rellis32 »

I'm having the same issue. After I click on 2 or 3 links, cannot connect anymore, server times out. This is happening on 3 different OS's and 3 different browsers - chrome, ie8 and ff. Home page loads fine, forums load fine, click on topic fine, go back timeout. Try to load homepage, timeout. Wait 30 min or so, home page loads fine.... Very frustrating trying to keep up to date with the latest happening when I can only look at one thread every half hour. I though maybe it was because I was using Open DNS, so I changed that, same problem. I had to copy the link, wait 45 min or so, and paste the link into the browser just so I could post this. Like I said, very frustrating.

Return to “General Discussion Area”