Read-only announcements from the team.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

PitViper
Site Admin

DDoS Update, New Server, and Authentication for ViperBot

#1 Post by PitViper »

This is from TaultUnleashed.com
First, we are on the new server!!! YAY!

The only good thing about the DDoS is that this server we are on now is like 2000 times faster than the one we had. So enjoy!

Next, the DDoS continues. The DDoS Team is working on it, and they assure me that I still start seeing some improvemnt as they day continues and they tweak the firewall rules.

I will keep everybody posted.

Please be aware, that everybody will have their memberships extended for 2 weeks once this DDoS is fully under control.
We will honor the same for our members here.

Also, the Viper Authentication is offline, but should be back up within the next hour or so while we get things moved to the new server.
Last edited by PitViper on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

PitViper
Site Admin

#2 Post by PitViper »

New server is fully installed and operational.

A second wave of DDoS has been bypassed. Even though they are still hitting the server, the new firewall is blocking it.

For attacks that do get through, we are now on unlimited and unmetered bandwidth, so its full speed ahead for us.

I hope everybody is enjoying the new server speeds as much as I am.

Premium accounts will be granted a 2 week extension on monday for all of the down time that we had.

I can only say I am very sorry that we all had to go through this experience. I really dont understand how people can attack us like that with no reguard for how it effects us and every one of you that visit this site.

The FBI has requested our logs and I can only hope that they find this guy. I read that this kind of attack can put you in jail for 20+ years in most countries. Yikes!

Return to “Announcements”