Questions about FFXI Bot

Anything related to MMOViper that doesn't fit in a better forum. All are welcome to participate. Also use this area for pre-sale members to ask questions.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

viscious

Questions about FFXI Bot

#1 Post by viscious »

I went through some of the FFXI threads regarding the script but it didn't have the answers I am looking for. I am an old member from XU but due to recently lack of commitment from the community I have left it and looking for a better script. Can you guys answer the following question regarding the ffxi bot.

1. Does the bot craft items after kill?

2. Clear inventory after kill? Like throwing away items you do not need.

3. I think it stated that it has pathing script but does it avoid obstacle in front of it when you hit a wall.

4. Can it detect if mob is already claim and ignore it?

Thanks. Looking forward in using this new bot.

ScreamingEagle
Site Admin

#2 Post by ScreamingEagle »

1. No, the bot will harvest/gather items on the ground but not craft them

2. Yes and No, you loot everything on the mob, we should have out the stacking on items in the next update though.

3. Yes there is "stuck" code in place to help keep you from becoming stuck behind a tree or something.

4. Yes the bot knows if a mob is claimed or not and will ignore mobs that others are fighting.

viscious

#3 Post by viscious »

Another question. Is this script open source? Can I go in and modify it or even enhance to the way I want it to be?

PitViper
Site Admin

#4 Post by PitViper »

No it is not.

We do have plans to let people add modifications to the default behavior, but as you will find out, the bot is pretty much complete and does everything like it should.

viscious

#5 Post by viscious »

The problem with FFXI for farming is that a lot of stuff is not stackable and to work around that you need to throw away unwanted items or craft them into stackable to optimize each session. I had a bot like that with XU but with their lack commitment to get their own UI operable after each update for a month or two is really unacceptable.

Will their be any future update in implement crafting and deleting unwanted items of the inventory in the future? and what is the turn around time to get bot back up after each update? I just don't want to invest into something like XU and then it will no longer be supported.

ScreamingEagle
Site Admin

#6 Post by ScreamingEagle »

We are working on stacking items that you harvest, and the turn around for updates is usually a few hours to a day.

PitViper
Site Admin

#7 Post by PitViper »

our bot works on all windows platforms, and we will do our best to support it for as long as we can.

Return to “General Discussion Area”