EverQuest2 Bot

Anything related to MMOViper that doesn't fit in a better forum. All are welcome to participate. Also use this area for pre-sale members to ask questions.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

dbzboy87

EverQuest2 Bot

#1 Post by dbzboy87 »

I was reading over this site and i don't see mention anywhere of how this bot works with a healing class. Is the bot smart enough to recognize the health of players in the bots group and heal accordingly? Can it be set to show preference to a particular player (the tank for example) and only use group heals in an attempt to heal players besides the tank? Does the bot recognize when a player needs to be cured of an impairment? Can the bot be configured to automatically buff after a death? Thanks for any answer you can provide!

ScreamingEagle
Site Admin

#2 Post by ScreamingEagle »

Yes the bot knows the health of group members, currently the bot will heal the player with the lowest health first. No it cannot tell if there is an impairment or whether or not the player is a tank or not.

You can set buffs in after fight but no you can not have it auto buff after death. We are currently coding this functionality at the moment though =)

dbzboy87

#3 Post by dbzboy87 »

This is why a trial would be awesome I guess -- I just have a couple more questions.

First, will the bot try to move toward the mob its attacking if you want it to (useful for a scout bot assisting the tank, etc)? Are there plans to add cure capability? Finally, can the bot be configured to cast a group heal if it sees that multiple people are below X% of health?

Thanks again ;)

ScreamingEagle
Site Admin

#4 Post by ScreamingEagle »

Yes you can tell the bot whether or not you want it to move to mobs or not.

No at the moment we do not have any plans for cure specific ability, but you can add a cure spell to go off after a heal spell if you are in an area where your tank gets ailments often.

The bot looks to see who the lowest health group member is to cast a heal, there is not currently a way to see how many people are at low health, but I am now going to look into that because I don't think it would be that hard to implement.

dbzboy87

#6 Post by dbzboy87 »

That'd be cool to have someone willing to implement a few other goodies! I wish i had the know how to contribute on the technical side, but all i have are ideas ;)

PitViper
Site Admin

#7 Post by PitViper »

Todays patch has quite a few bug fixes for the "follow" grouping option.

I have been running it all weekend, and the only thing that I am definately going to have to fix, is the Res path bugs. So you can resurrect, and continue patroling.

Return to “General Discussion Area”