Help MMOViper - Feedback request

Read-only announcements from the team.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

dark_matter777

Re: Help MMOViper - Feedback request

#91 Post by dark_matter777 »

Just wanted a bit of info/request. I'm using a huge patrol area, it's about 2300 hot points. I'm
Avoiding everything that I can but the only problem that I'm having is when I die. Because I die in random location I set a waypoint path from each shine to the hot point path, which works perfect. HERE is the problem, I'm not might have to travel to hot point 15 and I'm in the thousands which is not really an issues the only issues is that it gathers nothing on the way to that last point before I died. It's a huge waste of time and I'd like to know if there is a way to make the bot gather on the way back, if not then that is one of my request.

Thank you for your time, Again, loving the bot. Glad I became a member.

PitViper
Site Admin

#92 Post by PitViper »

In the game section for the bot you are talking about, post it in the requests forum. Yes that can be added, and pretty easily.

devicifer

#93 Post by devicifer »

Here is my contribution: Another popular bot, which is a competing bot, sucks lately and will continue to degrade. This is an opportunity to get one up on the competition.

I want to be clear, I'm not saying that this is a temporary problem with their bot. It's a systemic problem that should benefit your company. They created what was a great bot, for many reasons, but now are letting it die. They seem to have established a critical mass of subscribers and now they just don't care.

Now, let me qualify this by mentioning some of the problems that they are not keen on fixing, preferring to put their customers into the position of needing to fix their bugs with potentially hundreds of hours of work.

It has a mesh system that can quickly layout an entire zone. You can set the detection radius to a large area and it will quickly map out the entire area, as you run. That's great. I spent hours making meshes of entire continents. But now the bot has bugs in it (all of a sudden) that cause the bot to hang on corners. Also, it often can't jump over a small rock, running in place for hours on end instead. It's not even smart enough to close the client when all else fails.

I've told them time and time again that their bot is revealing itself, but they don't care. They expect me to throughly analyze every last inch of my meshes instead of fixing the real problems. Even worse, the most recent patch caused the bot to pace back and forth, for no apparent reason. I checked the mesh and everything I could think of. I tried different areas, characters, etc. Nothing fixes it. They just don't do a good job.

Obviously, this presents an opportunity for you. By keeping a higher standard of quality, you should be able to pull over more customers from this competing bot. I hope that helps.

ejones07

#94 Post by ejones07 »

Something I have noticed, and I'm not sure if it traverses all the games, but switching Profiles doesn't always take. Sometimes it takes having to close and restart Viper.

PitViper
Site Admin

#95 Post by PitViper »

You have to have the little launcher window closed for changes to take. Its a bug I need to fix. Way back when I wrote it like 10 years ago, I cached in all values and never went back and fixed it.

ejones07

#96 Post by ejones07 »

Oh, just the little window? That's no big deal, i always exited the whole program.

nexgen74

#97 Post by nexgen74 »

Hi I was hoping someone could help me on here. I have EQ2 installed but no matter what I try I can not get viper to work. It won't record waypoints and it does not show my stats, IE name, level etc so it seems there is a problem but I don't know what. I have followed all the instructions that I have seen on here but nothing is working. It worked fine before I upgraded to the new version of viper for some reason before the patch it worked fine? I run windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I'm having trouble both on my laptop and desktop and its the same problem on both so it must be something I'm doing wrong. I have disabled any anti virus and on the laptop there is none so don't know what else to try??

Any ideas, help!

Thanks

PitViper
Site Admin

#98 Post by PitViper »

EQ2 needs a patch. The last eq2 update broke it. I'll get it fixed tonight.

nexgen74

#99 Post by nexgen74 »

Ok thanks, so there will be another patch to download then? I must admit I have not played for a while and last time i did viper was working but I expect there has been lots of EQ2 updates since then. I will look out for this patch then, will it be on the main page of this site?

Many thanks

PitViper
Site Admin

#100 Post by PitViper »

Yes, it will be posted as a announcement, and a new download link will be in the downloads.

PitViper
Site Admin

#101 Post by PitViper »

Just about got eq2 done... should be later today.

nexgen74

#102 Post by nexgen74 »

Hi, Done an excellent job on the patch it now all works fine. I was just wondering if there was any way in Viper or by a script or a macro if you can exit out of dungeons or instances and then zone back when you come to an end of a patrol?? I have been banging my head against a wall and thought I would ask if it is possible before I try any further.

Thanks again for sorting that patch out so quickly.

PitViper
Site Admin

#103 Post by PitViper »

You can do key presses, etc in the campaign manager. Something like so:

Add Task, Patrol for say 3 loops
Add Task Key or mouse to get out, etc

nexgen74

#104 Post by nexgen74 »

Hi

I have tried but failed to get it to work, there was a way to type a command to open the house window while in a dungeon in eq2 so I set a macro with the command and then done a key press in campaign manager. This worked and opened up the window but then you still had to click on the button saying leave dungeon. I tried to do a left mouse click for this bit but it did not work? I'm wondering if its the software that cant do it or more than likely it's me doing something wrong.

Do you think you could give me an example of if this can be done? I'm ok with setting up the patrols and things it's just knowing how to get it to leave the dungeon by its self?

Thanks

PitViper
Site Admin

#105 Post by PitViper »

What happens when you add the Task: Left Click ??

It should click where you tell it too.

Usually you can press U or F instead of clicking.

Return to “Announcements”