Read-only announcements from the team.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

PitViper
Site Admin

ESO Bot updated to 2.0.8.6c Quest Fixes, Turn Fixes

#1 Post by PitViper »

ESO Bot May 11, 2014 MMOViperBot Version 2.0.8.6c

All Bots:
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug where it would not properly check distances to mobs, so it would loot nodes first
- Bugfix: Some keyboard settings would still crash the bot when making a new patrol

TESO Bot:
-Tweak: Added smooth turns
-Added: New option/misc/auto resume. If true, bot will attempt to use /stuck before giving up completely. Be sure you have a rez path set (navigation mesh to patrol)
-Bugfix: Will no longer try to attack/loot npc's while on patrol.
-Bugfix: Will no longer try to quest objects "like eggs" after fighting nearby mobs

There are still some issues with blocking that I am working on and should be in the next beta version (sorc spells mainly, and pets). I should have this out tomorrow. I was still having some bugs, but wanted to get these fixes out tonight.

hoplite247

Re: ESO Bot updated to 2.0.8.6c Quest Fixes, Turn Fixes

#2 Post by hoplite247 »

I just payed for this servive and every other bot works except the ESO one

PitViper
Site Admin

#3 Post by PitViper »

Not enough info for me to help you.

derpsicles

#4 Post by derpsicles »

Hello just joined, and i may have the same problem - let me present the details of my issue. I can download any other bot from the download links EXCEPT the eso one (which I just upgraded account to get) I get the download to 1% then it fails. Tried over 20 times to download from the posted link to no success. I would really like to download this so I can begin testing! Any help would be appreciated :D

PitViper
Site Admin

#5 Post by PitViper »

Clear your cache in your browser. It is probably linking to a old bot file. (Most browsers press Shift-F5 to refresh). If not, do a full options/clear cache.

Next, check your antivirus, The user above, posted it was his anti-spyware that was blocking the file from being downloaded.

devicifer

#6 Post by devicifer »

Is there a way to get the character to not backtrack? Every time it harvests a node, it backtracks and gives away the fact that it's a bot. It looks like it's going backward just for the sake of going backward. A human wouldn't do that. I would prefer if we had a choice to either continue forward or go to the nearest node. Maybe a couple checkboxes?

devicifer

#7 Post by devicifer »

Now Nav mesh is also a bit difficult to fix. If the character runs off a cliff, then the mesh system tends to cause the character to try to go back up against the cliff and it doesn't work. So I can spend many hours creating a mesh system, and then it all is smashed to pieces in a few seconds because I fell off a cliff. I really need to be able to remove mesh points without clearing the whole thing.

PitViper
Site Admin

#8 Post by PitViper »

@devic, yep, I noticed that too. I'm going to add a fix in the next version to not backtrack after it kills a mob.

If you get stuck in areas, record a new nav mesh showing the bot how to get back.

devicifer

#9 Post by devicifer »

The bot tries to walk through a mountain to get to a node. This is because my character fell off a cliff and now the bot program thinks that he can walk in that direction. I can't record a pass to fix that, because it always takes the shortest route and the shortest route is to go through the mountain.

PitViper
Site Admin

#10 Post by PitViper »

You can also add a z-elevation check if the node is too far above/below you to ignore. options/movement/z-elevation

devicifer

#11 Post by devicifer »

That option does not exist on my client. I am using the latest.

PitViper
Site Admin

#12 Post by PitViper »

Its in there somewhere.. maybe options/targeting

devicifer

#13 Post by devicifer »

Yes, there is one under targeting, but it talks about targeting mobs. I tried to use it anyway, but it didn't work. The bot still tried to go through the mountain. I set it to 3, instead of 50. Maybe I'll try 0.

devicifer

#14 Post by devicifer »

Changing it to 0 pretty much wrecked the bot. It wouldn't go anywhere. Changing it to 1 make it skip all the nodes and then it ran off a cliff and tried to backtrack, through the mountain. The backtracking must have been what caused the problem.

PitViper
Site Admin

#15 Post by PitViper »

No, you have to lower it slightly... what you can do.. is go to that node, and look at your Z axis in the stats window. Then move up/down the hill you are talking about, and look at your Z. Then subtract and get a number. Make your z-elevation 2-3 smaller, and it hsould be find to skip that node.

Return to “Announcements”