LOS and Fully Meshed Areas

Read-only announcements from the team.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

PitViper
Site Admin

LOS and Fully Meshed Areas

#1 Post by PitViper »

I have started work on a complete meshing system (usable in all viper games).

Some games will have more automation that have built in support for mesh commands, but some do not, and I wanted a more complete solution that could be expanded to all of the current bots.

Right now, I am adding in a auto full mesh option that will draw meshed green squares that are fully connected in a area around the player as you walk. (instead of having to run over and over to add in the mesh area and connect it yourself)

This along with a working obstacle mesh/path, should allow people to fully mesh out an area manually (by walking it and marking obstacles).

This is the first step, the second step will be in the games that support a built in LOS function, to use that internally and have viper itself flag known obstacles as you run the full mesh. But this will be in a subsequent release. As this varies for different games, and having to find the ray cast functions.

This way I can get out a solution to help pretty quick with issues of LOS and trying to attack things behind walls, etc, as you will be able to flag the obstacles in your patrol mesh and then the bot will ignore those going forward.

I hope to have this out later this week.

If you have thoughts or suggestions, on features or functions, please post below.

otome

Re: LOS and Fully Meshed Areas

#2 Post by otome »

is it like meshing in other bots, where you walk and the ground turns green and it highlights obsticals in red?

sykotik

#3 Post by sykotik »

I love you.
Subscribe to my GumRoad Account to receive the latest news on what I'm working on!

GumRoad Projects: Here

Main Discord: https://discord.gg/0zThFyuYqV4ZFj7X

PitViper
Site Admin

#4 Post by PitViper »

@otome, no, however, once you manually mesh out the area, it should work the same.

This is a manual entering of the navigation mesh. Ie, you will walk around to get your main area, then you will have to walk back and add obsticles around things you get stuck on (trees, buggies, etc).

You would also need to trim the mesh (auto clear) around areas where you dont want to navigate at all.

Eventually, I will have it more advanced and hopefully automated, but this is the best solution I could come up with in the shortest time to fix, and will work on a better fix down the road once the major features have been added.

sykotik

#5 Post by sykotik »

PitViper wrote:@otome, no, however, once you manually mesh out the area, it should work the same.

This is a manual entering of the navigation mesh. Ie, you will walk around to get your main area, then you will have to walk back and add obsticles around things you get stuck on (trees, buggies, etc).

You would also need to trim the mesh (auto clear) around areas where you dont want to navigate at all.

Eventually, I will have it more advanced and hopefully automated, but this is the best solution I could come up with in the shortest time to fix, and will work on a better fix down the road once the major features have been added.
I will be all over this haha. Will make making patrols 100x better with the added obstacles to avoid :D
Subscribe to my GumRoad Account to receive the latest news on what I'm working on!

GumRoad Projects: Here

Main Discord: https://discord.gg/0zThFyuYqV4ZFj7X

powermouse

#6 Post by powermouse »

You are awesome for doing this PitViper, this could really improve for the consumer experience!

This is going to be the best thing :P
Want to give back, Want a Custom Fishing campaign? Donate + PM me your name HERE

Fishing Projects:

Heidel
Calpheon
Epheria
LakeKaia

nijohc

#7 Post by nijohc »

How does meshing work with water (esp in BDO)? I hope we'll still be able to swim with the bot

Also, is the manual meshing be replacing the current nav system? It sounds like it would be a chore to make long walk paths to remote spots (where worldnav can't get to)

PitViper
Site Admin

#8 Post by PitViper »

No, it will be in addition to the current system. Currently if you want to fully mesh an area you have to painstakingly run back and forth to make the green dots connect up over a wide area. What I am working on will try to simpify the process so that you can more easily mesh out a larger area. And enable the obsticle buttons again so that you can add areas where you do not want the bot to travel.

Return to “Announcements”