Help MMOViper - Feedback request

Read-only announcements from the team.

Moderator: ScreamingEagle

PitViper
Site Admin

Help MMOViper - Feedback request

#1 Post by PitViper »

Hello all!

We are really wanting to move mmoviper forward. Help us!

We are looking for suggestions, problems, ideas, anything really that will help us move mmoviper forward.

Let us know where our trouble areas are. Let us know how our bot is doing, and where it needs improvement.

You are our lifeblood. You keep us here.

We need your help.

dvus12

Re: Help MMOViper - Feedback request

#2 Post by dvus12 »

I think you should create a ticketing system for the forum.

Have users be able to create support tickets instead of random post after post.
This would give you all users a place to go to create tickets for the following..

Support
Questions
Suggestions

and so much more.

It would be easily trackable.
You could assign users to moderate the system as well as yourself.
You could create an escalation portion, so if normal supporters cannot answer it they can escalate it to you for review.

I would create a FAQ / Answer section, and then if they cannot get their answer they can create a ticket

PitViper
Site Admin

#3 Post by PitViper »

That is a great idea.. do you happen to know of any ticketing system that is any good?

dvus12

#4 Post by dvus12 »

Not off the top of my head, but I can look around.

I think the easiest would find a module to work within the forum.
I am not sure which forum software you run, but if its phpbb, smf, vbulletin or any of the like.....they all have websites where you can search for addons and such.

I think this is phpbb, but I am not 100%

dvus12

#5 Post by dvus12 »

I have seen many websites that have forums.
In the forums you have a support section that will open to a FAQ/Knowledge base.
If you cannot find your answers in there....then it allows you to create a ticket.

I have never personally set one of these up...but have used them and they seem alot more organized.

PitViper
Site Admin

#6 Post by PitViper »

I'll give it a looksee and see what I can find. I like the idea of a ticket system for bugs/troubleshooting items.

jesmars12

#7 Post by jesmars12 »

Ok I want to say i just bought today and to be honest I am in no way thrilled , However I am willing to tell tou what is wrong in hopes that it helps you build a better version. Well to start with you need to make so they dont bump into walls or trees and rocks. second my char always jumps before atempting to attack and about 20 mobs are highlighted before attacking a single mob ( if in fact it attacks at all . The skill usage does not have a cast/cool down timer which makes it so is try to do skill over and over suggestion get a set of skills for each type of toon and there cast times and cd time and allow person to select from skill name instead of the way it is make it so the bot uses exact route to get to mob when it attacks that it return to its place . Im very mad to be honest i bought with the hopes of being able to leave game and make gold for when i get back and well it 3:42 am and it works like crud. You are very capable of doing a great bot job please take the time to make it easy with instructions . What I want to know is if you can do something to help me. because its not workin at all. ty for your time .... Why does it jump does not make since?

PitViper
Site Admin

#8 Post by PitViper »

1. You have to make better paths that avoid rocks/walls/trees. 90% of good botting is finding good areas to bot.
2. Set the jump key to something else in viper if it is jumping too much for you.
3. Bot DOES have cooldown, when you set up a hotkey, you enter the delay (cooldown) for how long you want to wait before pressing that key again.
4. Turn on NPC nameplates and enemy nameplates in game.

We have several users that are running RTM services using the bot, so it is jsut a matter of fine tuning for your character/location you are hunting.

jesmars12

#9 Post by jesmars12 »

Im goin to take a video and upload it so you can see what i am talking about. I can see that you do not play this game very much or that i am indeed dumb when it comes to setting up the bot , It does not have a cooldown! at least the bot i have does not.

PitViper
Site Admin

#10 Post by PitViper »

It is not called "cooldown" its called "delay"

Its right under the priority selector..

coipu

#11 Post by coipu »

Having used minion for ages you should try and implement the features used there, maps are preloaded skills work automatically regardless of class, everything is selectable from drop down menus. Even at this basic beta stage use of user friendly controls and helpful menus correctly named to correlate with the game would make a lot of difference , I haven't really used this bot much as its easier to do stuff manually. Also as diamonds can be gotten from professions automation of this process would be good.

gl with the continued development

PitViper
Site Admin

#12 Post by PitViper »

feedback is how we move forward, thanks for the suggestions. Should be able to work on those.

nickdoggffxi

#13 Post by nickdoggffxi »

I just posted about pet tp in another thread before I saw this but I'll put it here also. Listed below are some things that I've seen in other bots. I used to run EliteXI about 2yrs ago and I really liked the majority of features and user support for custom scripts. I have a bunch of old .vbs files that I would love to be able to use with this.

Pet tp viewable to fire a macro.

Ability to fire a macro based on chat log (custom string detection).

Power leveler (for mage jobs).

Better windower4 support.

Edit: While this could apply to all games, I was referring to FFXI.

Edit: The ability to auto-remove items from inventory would be sweet too.

PitViper
Site Admin

#14 Post by PitViper »

with the scripting system now in place , just need to add in apis to run those scripts. Send them to me at admin@mmoviper or zip and attach them to a new resuest thread in the ffxi forum.

de4thwish

#15 Post by de4thwish »

Auto Professions! Would love to see this added for neverwinter this would be sick. Great bot btw GJ

Return to “Announcements”